The Extrusion Master I Certification™ is a 5 days course consisting of 3 days classroom training, 1 day demonstration on an extrusion line, and 1 day final exam. During the 3 days classroom, participant will learn the fundamentals of polymer science, practical polymer characterization and testing, extrusion screw designs, tooling qualification, downstream equipment, processing principals, Scientific Extrusion™, critical calibration, process validation guidelines (IQ, OQ PQ), Center-Lining Concept, optimum equipment cleaning, safety, and much more. On the fourth day, students will participate on a hands-on demonstration running the equipment and apply Scientific Extrusion™ using various challenging polymers. The last day is reserved for the final exam. Participants are required to pass the final exam with a grade of 80% or better in order to earn the Extrusion Master Certification™.
We are confident that with this training and following our systematic extrusion process you will be able to transform your extrusion operation from art to science. Consequently, it will provide a system that can consistently produce parts the meet specifications regardless of resin melt index variations.
- Implement a data-driven extrusion process based on science
- Learn to control the process with only 2 parameters
- The only effective method to validate extrusion
- Consistently produce parts regardless of resin lot variations
- Remove operator experience dependency
- Significantly reduce setup time
- Reduce scrap and increase capacity
- Gain competitive advantage
- Enables consistent procedures that comply with FDA requirements
- Improve employee knowledge and engagement
Pictures from Previous Courses:
Monday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Hampton Inn Conference Room)
Tuesday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Hampton Inn Conference Room)
Wednesday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Hampton Inn Conference Room)
Thursday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Davis Standard Pilot Lab)
Friday – 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (Hampton Inn Conference Room)
850 Centre of New England Blvd.
Coventry, Rhode Island 02816 USA
Group Name: Systematic Extrusion
Group Code: SYS
Click here to reserve room
A block of rooms has been reserved for Nov 4, 2018 – Nov 9, 2018. The special room rate of $109/night will be available until November 1st or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
The Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick hotel is conveniently located off I-95 just 10 miles from the TF Green Airport. Coventry hotel offers free airport shuttle and is near highways, shopping, corporations and the University of Rhode Island. The hotel is centrally located 16 miles from Providence, RI and 24 miles from Newport, RI.
Near by Airports:
TF Green Airport – 12 miles
Boston Logan Airport – 70 miles
Bradley International Airport – 86 miles
What you should bring with you:
- Laptop Computer
What we provide:
- Course book containing all PowerPoint slides
- Notepad and Pen
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Certificate for those that pass the course
- We reserve the right to cancel the class if less than 10 participant sign up for the class. In the event this happens, we will sign you up to the next available class or issue you a full refund.
- In the event you need to cancel the course, the following policy apply
- 45 day before the course – 100% refund
- 30 days before the course – 50% refund
- 15 days before the course – 0% refund